September 17, 2017

What's In My College Backpack

a look inside my college backpack

My absolute favorite part about back-to-school is getting new furniture. I just get super excited to go furniture shopping!

This year i did almost all of my back-to-school shopping at Staples, partly because my friend works there and i wanted to get some discounts.

Writing utensils

  • Mechanical pencils: I always try to have as many of these as possible. This is a utensil i never like to run out of. Plus, people often ask to borrow my pencils and never give it back. So i like having extras as back-up.
  • Erasable pencils: I mentioned these in my last post and as promised, i went ahead and got them. I’m super excited to use them!
  • Flash cards: My math professor this summer made it absolutely mandatory we use flash cards. I really didn’t care much for these before, but after using them consistently enough, i found them pretty helpful!
  • Post-it notes: I have to remind myself to do things ALL.THE.TIME. Post it notes help with that tremendously.
  • Eraser: pencil erasers run out all the time. Always got me some back up.


IMG_0928.JPG

Notebooks: There’s only one notebook pictured here but i have two. I just forgot to take a picture of the other one. The notebook pictured is a 5-subject notebook i’m using for all my classes except for one.

The other notebook i have is a one subject notebook, which i am using for my math class. I use a lot more paper in math for notes and whatnot, so i definitely needed more paper than what is available in the 5-subject notebook.

E1A69898-BD2D-4AF2-9C0A-AA4B26857F75.jpg

Planner: This is one of the items that is not from Staples. I actually got this planner last semester at Target. It’s a fairly good planner but i do want to try other planners in the future just to see if i like anyone of them better.

IMG_0926.JPG

Cosmetic bag: You may recognize this “Play Beautifully” bag from last December. It’s one of the things i received from my Blogger Secret Santa.

I basically have things like lip gloss, lipstick, a mini bottle of lotion etc. inside the bag.

Eyeglasses cleaner: If you didn’t know, i have four eyes. I wear prescription glasses pretty much all the time and i got two bottles of these lens cleaner at Costco for a pretty good deal! I can even go back and get a refill when i run out!

Pencil case: If you’re wondering why they’re puzzle pieces in my pencil case, i use to have a phone case with those in. You could rearrange the pieces to your liking. The phone case eventually broke, i just really like to look at those pieces. I also have extra lead for my pencils.

Now inside the pencil case i have the usual. Pencils, pens, highlighters, markers, eraser, white out, and some glue (you never know when you’re gonna need some glue).

IMG_0937.JPG

Calculator: Can’t do math without this one.

Flash Drive: My old flash drive recently broke out of nowhere and i never thought to backup my documents (i know, how dumb is that). So all my documents were G O N E with the wind. It makes me upset just to remember all the 4 years worth of documents i lost. I definitely will not make the same mistake with this one. I learned my lesson.

House Keys: I have been locked out of my house too many times. I try to always keep my keys in my bag.

Phone Charger: Always need my phone charger with me.

IMG_0933.JPG

Water bottle: I have lost so many water bottles in the past and i forbade myself from buying anymore. Until, i went to Dave & Buster’s and got this water bottle at their store. Technically, i didn’t really buy it since it was one of the prizes at their store. I'm pleasantly surprised i haven't lost this one.

Book: I have a fairly long commute to school, i would much rather have a book with me rather than being on my phone. I always try to keep an interesting book in my bag.

72E03A44-FD8E-4430-B5B9-0DBB9A6B605D.jpg

Sunnies: i love my new sunnies from GlassesUSA. I literally parade them everywhere. I’m actually sad it’s about to be cold and i won’t be able to wear them.

Wallet: always need my wallet.

Body Spray: I have to smell good! I’m not the biggest fan of the smell, but i can deal until i run out.

Deodorant: This deodorant smells pretty good but i’m looking for a more natural deodorant. If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comment section.

DB50EEDF-60F6-4BA3-AB3E-7717E9FD2CC1.jpg

Backpack: Last but not least, the backpack! I actually got this backpack at the thrift store (I love shopping at the thrift store!). I really like it because it has a bunch of pockets, everything has its place.

I got my “RESIST” pin you there at the climate march in DC. That’s where it has been sitting ever since.

IMG_0951.JPG

EB3B79F0-6F85-4EFC-9824-B64D78E840EB.jpg

What’s one thing you absolutely have to have in your backpack?

-Yvanne

Share This:



6 comments:

  1. Post it notes, flash cards, phone charger, and water bottle = my favorites. I always have an umbrella too, because the weather here is crazy. Thanks for sharing! Great list! x

    Julia
    juliadoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should definitely start carrying my umbrella with me as well. The weather has caught me by surprise way too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.a level

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear,
    You have put amazing creativity in your post. Great style of writing thanks to the author for useful article. Everyone should know 3 Cybersecurity Threats to Deal with in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jharkhand Board Books is officially implementing the textbooks prescribed by the CBSE, i.e. Jharkhand textbooks.This is advantageous to JAC board books as the standards set by the Jharkhand is one among the more renown of all the educational resource publishers in India. Jharkhand 5th Class Textbook Jharkhand book offers the students an immersive educational instrument that will enable them to understand and comprehend various concepts and topics with ease.Furthermore, the books promote critical thinking and enable the students to seek deeper insights rather than the superficial syllabus prescribed by the boards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SBI is one of the most preferred bank for the bank users across India. Being a public sector bank, many people prefer to have an account in SBI rather than any private sector bank, and most of the users of the SBI account also use SBI ATM card for easy access and withdrawal of the money from the ATM. SBI atm pin generation Many times it happens, that the users want to reset the password with new SBI PIN generation which could be due to various reasons such as for security purposes, and the user wants to generate the debit card pin or the user has forgotten his 4 digit pin and wants to reset.

    ReplyDelete